Separation anxiety is a dog’s panicked response to being left alone, and is a serious condition. Signs of separation anxiety can include; chewing, digging, whining and barking, soiling inside when dogs are house-trained, and clawing at windows and doors.
Things that can help:
• Leaving clothes with your scent can comfort distressed animals.
• Play down departures and arrivals – the more you fuss, the greater the impact.
• Reassure them with comforting words and phrases that become a regular message associated with leaving the house.
• Make sure that your pet has a safe place to “hide out” while you’re away.
• There are also products that can help to calm dogs, ask your vet for more information.
For more information or assistance, please email email@example.com or call our reception staff today.